Tuesday 22 May 2018

General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Below is a letter that I sent out to everyone in my customer database today.  It is a one time mailing before the new privacy rules go into place.  I am encouraging everyone to either join the newsletter mailing list or else join the update group to be sure that you receive the latest shop news.  These lists are 100% opt-in. The newsletter name list will never be shared with anyone else and will only be used to let you know what is new and where to find it.

----------------------------------------------

Dear Dictatorshopper,

I am sending this one time letter to my entire customer base, ahead of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) being rolled out in Europe.  To be sure that the DICTATORSHOP is in compliance with these latest consumer protections I have cleared out my previous update subscriber lists and would like to invite you to drop into the main store and click the sign to rejoin the newsletter list***.

There is also an update group if you prefer SL notices over newsletters:
secondlife:///app/group/464e0ed6-f9d0-67fa-59db-979751fedef2/about

If you haven't been in the shop for a while you have missed out on some great new stuff which you can take a peek at here: http://dictatorshop.blogspot.com

Which ever method you prefer I do hope you will stop in for a look-see!

I welcome feedback and suggestions, there is small feedback box on the floor behind the subscriber sign, please feel free to drop me a line ( I am traveling at the moment so notecards are best just now).

Dictatorshop aka Dee


------

*** About the Newsletter Subscription List

This list is 100% opt-in-only and will be used to deliver newsletters (not more than one per week) when new items are coming out at events and where to find them.  I am very sensitive to my customers and will only use this method when needed and not just general spam. 

It only takes one click to subscribe and if you ever decide you want off the list, just come click the sign again and click un-subscribe in the popup, that's all there is to it.


-----------------------

Here is SL information from Linden Lab